English for Adults
Adult classes are taught using our own conversational method Talk It Out, which focusses on speaking as the most practical way of learning a language.
However, at Peekaboo we believe that as well as the teaching method we use, the enthusiasm and excitement we invest in it is equally important. When you get the right atmosphere in a classroom, it inspires students to be more motivated, work harder and have fun while they’re doing it.
We have a variety of groups at different levels, from beginners to advanced, and a broad timetable. We will find the best group for your English ability so you can learn at your own pace.
Our method: Talk It Out
Adults don’t tend to go back to English lessons in order to learn grammar and do exercises, as they will have done in the past. Our aim is to develop fluency in students’ speaking skills through conversation, enabling them to manage everyday situations like meetings or job interviews. Whatever challenges students may encounter in real-life communication in English, our method builds the confidence and flexibility to overcome them.
Our English course for adults TALK IT OUT is specially designed to work on oral skills and improve students’ communication skills. To do this, we use different methodologies depending on the needs and level of the student.
For beginner students we use the direct method, which has been shown to be more effective in acquiring vocabulary and learning grammar, through practice and repetition in guided conversations.
And for students at more advanced levels, who want to acquire greater fluency in the use of the language, we offer conversation classes.
These are some of the advantages of our English conversation classes for adults:
- Various levels of difficulty
- Dynamic, fun and interactive classes in which the student takes part in the whole learning process
- A teaching style, built on the experience of our teachers with direct teaching methods, that delivers classes through conversation that is natural and stimulating for students
- A ‘question and answer’ exchange between teacher and student, aimed at developing speaking skills in a progressive way which is faster, more practical and more effective than a traditional method. We focus on natural-sounding communication and understanding
- Vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar and everyday expressions and structures are introduced through short, guided conversations. Students imitate, practice, repeat and acquire the knowledge they need to speak a language, in the same way in which a mother tongue is learnt